Selling My Sonex Project

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Re: Selling My Sonex Project

Postby radfordc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:27 pm

Why not a flying Sonex? In 2006 I was looking for my first LSA as a new sport pilot. When I saw the Sonex I knew it was the perfect match to what I wanted. When I did the math on a kit I was looking at $25,000+ and 2-4 years of work. I put an email on the Sonex list saying I was looking for a used plane and found one for $20,000.

You can nearly always buy a good used plane cheaper than you can build a kit.

Charlie
radfordc

Postby Andy Walker » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:48 pm

radfordc wrote:Why not a flying Sonex? In 2006 I was looking for my first LSA as a new sport pilot. When I saw the Sonex I knew it was the perfect match to what I wanted. When I did the math on a kit I was looking at $25,000+ and 2-4 years of work. I put an email on the Sonex list saying I was looking for a used plane and found one for $20,000.

You can nearly always buy a good used plane cheaper than you can build a kit.

Charlie

That is one of the possibilities, for sure Charlie. I love the Sonex/Waiex, but I've been locked into that airframe for 2.5 years, so I'm trying to be open minded. :) The good news if I bought a Sonex is that I'd really know what to look at as far as build quality when buying one!
Andy Walker

Postby MichaelFarley56 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi Andy,

I see your project is still for sale on Barnstormers. I hope you're able to sell it sooner than later!

I have a quick question. I see on your ad that you have a new in box Sonex interior as part of the project. I wanted to see if you would have any interest in selling that separately. I'm not in a huge hurry but thought I'd ask.

If you have an interest, could you tell me a little about it? Color? Leather or fabric? Baggage sling?

Much appreciated!

Mike
michaelfarley56@gmail.com
614-595-3521 (cell)
Mike Farley
Waiex #0056 - N569KM
Jabiru 3300A #1706
MGL Panel
MichaelFarley56

Previous

Return to General Discussion